- Happy employees are productive employees - and productive employees are happy employees.
- The right tools plus the right people equals maximum productivity.
- The boss sets the tone and sets an example.
- The boss is never tired. Even if she is.
- Be certain going in that what you say you want is what you really want. If you have a partner, discuss this with them.
- Some people are fast. Some are not. You probably can't do much to make dramatic changes, so figure it out before you hire. After you hire, either find a way to deal with what you’ve got, or change what you’ve got. Only two choices.
- Be clear about goals and be clear about standards- and make those standards quantifiable. 50 bunches per hour. No more than 3 cercospora leaf spots on a Swiss chard leaf.
- Be certain. Don't tell people to "do their best"... describe best. Don't make a big deal about changes in procedures- it makes even good employees think they know as much as you.
- Poor performance by one employee drags management and labor down.
- If you have a partner, be certain you agree on goals and procedures. Anything else encourages dissent and confusion.
Ten Thoughts about Employees
Leave a Reply.